WEek 1: Understanding and Defining a BLENDED LEARNING Classroom Environment (6 hours)
Week 1 will start out with a questions and comments about the training that focused in on developing a definition of what is blended learning as well as how to implement the three phases of blended learning into a specific classroom environment.
- Mini Lesson with the teacher- explore examples of blended learning classroom environments, lesson, and videos. Application examples of blended learning in Kindergarten through higher education
- Discussion Questions
- Two questions based on the first three chapters of the book Blended by Michael Horn
- Defining what is blended learning and how it looks in a classroom environment based off the article Building a Blended learning Classroom that Works by Marcia Kish
- Project 1 - Create a sample lesson plan for phase 1 of a blended learning environment and redesign a classroom space.
- Technology- Learning about how to use adaptive technology like frontrowed.com in phase 1 of a blended learning classroom