WEek 3: Preparing for the School Year (7.5 hours)
Week 3 will start to explore way to collect data from the starting point of the blended learning experience. By this time, the blended learning coaches should have a school picked out for their cohort school for the first year. The coaches will construct a survey to use with the school districts, schools, and classrooms to develop a baseline for the current classroom environment. This survey will be given four times throughout the school year to measure student, teacher, and school growth in the blended learning process. The coaches will also work with the blended learning classroom and planning rubric that will help to guide the success of the implementation of blended learning.
- Mini Lesson with the teacher- explore examples of blended learning classroom rubrics and how the rubric can show growth over time as well as how to create coachable moments while working with the teacher(s)
- Discussion Questions
- What is the importance of creating a blended learning school wide rubric?
- Project 3 - Create a sample lesson plan for phase three of blended learning program
- Group Project- working together to generate a sample blended learning rubric that can be used while acting as the blended learning coaching
- Technology- Learning about how to use www.noredink.com as an ELA adaptive online blended learning program.