WEek 3: Preparing for the School Year (7.5 hours)
Week 3 will start to explore way to collect data from the starting point of the blended learning experience. By this time, the blended learning teachers should have a classroom picked out that they want to use for the blended learning implantation process. The teachers will construct a survey to use with the students to develop a baseline for the current classroom environment. This survey will be given four times throughout the school year to measure studen growth in the blended learning process. (Let me know if you would like to see an example of the blended learning survey) The teachers will also start to use the blended rubric to help to guide the success of the implementation of blended learning.
- Mini Lesson with the teacher- explore examples of blended learning classroom rubrics and how the rubric can show growth over time as well as how to create coachable moments while working with the teacher(s)
- Discussion Questions
- What is the importance of creating a blended learning school wide rubric?
- Project 3 - Create a sample lesson plan for phase three of blended learning program
- Group Project- working together to generate a sample blended learning rubric that can be used while acting as the blended learning coaching
- Technology- Learning about how to use www.noredink.com as an ELA adaptive online blended learning program.